You are eligible for this program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You did not have any overdue amounts on your electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency, or you made at least partial payments on amounts overdue prior to March 17, 2020.
- As of the date you are applying, you have any overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- The account holder (the person whose name is on the bill) or the account holder’s spouse or common-law partner (who must share the same address with the account holder) qualified for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or received Employment Insurance (EI) at any point after March 17, 2020.
- The account holder has not received Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) or Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) grants in 2020. You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if:
- Your household’s main heating source is electricity, or
- You use one of the following at-home energy-intensive medical devices: Kidney Dialysis Machine, Mechanical Ventilators, Oxygen Concentrator.
If you are not eligible for CEAP, you may still be eligible for lower-income energy support programs. Please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information. You may also contact Elexicon Energy for information on entering into an Arrears Payment Agreement.