You are eligible for this program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You did not have any overdue amounts on your electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency.
- As of the date you are applying, you have any overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- The account holder (the person whose name is on the bill) or the account holder’s spouse or common-law partner (who must share the same address with the account holder):
- Is unemployed on the date the CEAP application is submitted; and
- Qualified for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or received Employment Insurance (EI) after March 17, 2020.
- The account holder has not received Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) or Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) grants in 2020.You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if:
- Your household’s main heating source is electricity, or
- You use one of the following at-home energy-intensive medical devices: Kidney Dialysis Machine, Mechanical Ventilators, Oxygen Concentrator.
If you are not eligible for CEAP, you may still be eligible for lower-income energy support programs. Please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information. You may also contact Elexicon Energy for information on entering into an Arrears Payment Agreement.